NEVER have I worked so closely with a couple before... so close that I know all your kids, come over and sit at your kitchen table to talk after work, and have your credit card to book vendors on your behalf. Russ and Paula were a super busy couple but also super in love and trying to plan the most dreamy, perfect, funky, Memphis wedding they could think up. But they needed help getting organized.
When they booked me for their October wedding, they had a venue, a band, and great ideas for everything else they wanted. I agreed to help plan and coordinate, and I've never been so happy. I got to work so closely, hand-in-hand with other vendors that I usually only have time to say a quick "hello" or wave to across the room on wedding day. Working with Russ and Paula let me get much closer to them as a couple and see their relationship on the "normal days" too. It let me get closer to other wedding professionals that I'd like to now call friends. PLUS I got to see the other side of what everyone does to make your wedding day happen, and believe me, it truly takes an army.
The amazing vendor team that Russ & Paula chose:
- Officiant- Morgan Parks
- Venue- Annesdale Mansion
- Cake- Nikki at Miss Muff'n
- Band- Nick Black Band
- Catering- Danielle at Hog Wild
- Transportation- Oscar at All Star Limo
- Flowers- Kevin at Le Fleur
- Invitations- Kristen at Happi Stores
- Violinist- Amber Cleveland
- Rentals- Olivia at White Door
- Popsicles- Dee at Mama D's
When October 21st finally arrived I felt like we were cruising to the finish line, but Russ and Paula felt like it was just the beginning for them. And it was. They were beginning the forever husband and wife part of their relationship and blending 2 families with 5 teenage kids. Full House.
One of the things Russ and Paula did that I loved was their kids were the entire wedding party! They agreed that they were the most important people to stand with them on wedding day. Makes sense right? The grandkids walked their grandmothers down the aisle and then gave their mom away.
The ceremony was in Annesdale's garden and then the party moved to the back patio. There were quite the party people with guests coming from Orlando, Seattle, and Russ' family from Newfoundland. Russ and Paula wanted all of their guests to enjoy the "Memphis vibe" and what the city is known for: BBQ, music, and downtown. I think we managed to plan that pretty well. The cake was the epitome of everything coming together. We worked with Miss Muff'n to show how all of these places and people brought everyone together in Memphis- the middle ground for Russ and Paula.
Other details to note from their wedding day:
- Russ' favorite color is red so we had to incorporate that into the details. His shoes for the reception, florals, the girls' dresses...
- Paula's romantic look with Venetian lace, jewelry, and bouquet mixed with Memphis cool...
- Their favorite band (Nick Black) learned some of their favorite songs (from Dropkick Murphys) to give a Celtic flare...
- How involved their kids were: giving Paula away and standing with them for the ceremony...
- Guests from all over North America traveling and Russ "just wanting people to dance and have a good time."
- Good food, good booze, good cake. Every guy's wedding wish-list.